Friday, September 7, 2007

Wanty!


Oh, just look at these gorgeous letterpress cards, a joint effort from Kirin & Co. and Satsuma Press, and try not to reach for your wallet! They are just my cup of tea, and the type of card I might never, ever use because I wouldn't want to sully them with my dull handwriting. I have always been a super sucker for lovely stationery; my love of paper goes back even farther than my love for fabric. (When Big Omi and I were married, we made our own invitations and lined the envelopes with paper we had bought in Japan at a shop where I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I still have all the scraps!) I even worked at a papeterie for a few months during my "lost years" (between starting college in Oregon in 1993 and finishing in Colorado in 2000) and got a decent discount, so of course I used it to build up my now-dwindling stash. I do own a Gocco (purchased to make the aforementioned wedding invites), and I've been seeing lots of good Gocco work out there lately that it has inspired me to re-stock my supplies and perhaps try a little printing. Until then, I will have to make do with drooling over those letterpress cards while trying to think of a way to justify the expense....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails