Friday, September 14, 2007

Flashback Friday

The theme for Flashback Friday this week is "Say Cheese." I didn't have to look too hard in my photo collection to find a good cheesy smile. In fact, I had to narrow it down to this one. Here, my sister (right, in red) and I are mugging for the camera on a horseback ride in Colorado. Every summer our family would go on one big ride that usually involved cooking and eating a meal in the middle. I was always the littlest kid in the group, and got to ride the smallest horse, which I thought was really neat. I loved riding along the trail, our horses in single file, imagining we were on Little House on the Prairie or Centennial. I don't think I was a very skilled rider, though, because my main memory of actually controlling the horse was pulling the reins as hard as I could to try to keep the horse from eating the tall grass, which was strictly forbidden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo. I can so relate to Little House on the Prairie. You can get the DVD's now and I have borrowed them to bring back memories.

Small Glimpses said...

You too are so adorable! I love your sweet smile.

btw...the bonnet for little omi is SO cute. I smile every time I see the picture go by on your snapshot mosaic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails