Friday, September 14, 2007

Air! Is it real?

Today my mom, Little Omi, and I took a day-trip to Chickasha, Okla. We picked up some lunch and took it to Shannon Springs Park, a large city park with a pond and geese that Little Omi found very fascinating (although she found the mulch in the toddler play area more fascinating). This park is where the city holds their annual Festival of Light, which I have never been to but I think we'll have to check it out this Christmastime.

After lunch we headed to Main Street, one of many like it in our state and all over the country, I'm sure. It's a sad street, full of the ghosts of thriving businesses from another time. Now it houses a few antique shops, the Chickasha chamber of commerce, a tanning salon, etc. We hit the antique stores and I picked up this book from the 1950s. It has some excellent explanations of earth science with fun little experiments to conduct at home. I think Little Omi will have fun with it in a few years. Check out this great title:


It was so nice to get out of town and drive through the country, even for a short trip. Oklahoma is so beautiful this time of year, and this drive was especially pretty. I kept wishing I had brought my camera! I promise to take it on the next trip and post photos of my beautiful part of the world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails