Friday, September 21, 2007

Flashback Friday

As you may have already guessed, this week's Flashback Friday theme is "Look what my mum did to my hair!"

I had so many choices on this one, it was difficult to narrow it down to this one photo. But I think it truly represents what my mother did to my hair for most of my early childhood. Remember the Dorothy Hamill wedge haircut? Well, that is was this is supposed to be. Only on me, with my straight, fine hair, it wound up making me look more like a boy than an Olympic figure-skater. The curls at the tips came from a curling iron and were only applied on special occasions (such as school photo day), probably because it was so difficult to get me to sit still for the time it took to curl my hair. I remember being terrified when she did the part over my forehead, and I would start to sweat with nervousness about being burned. Nevertheless, I had this haircut off and on for almost all of elementary school, until the 5th grade when I got a perm (one of the photos in the running for today was a double-whammy: me with a perm crouched inside a box made to look like a Rubik's Cube which was my Halloween costume for that year).

Check out the Flashback Friday Web Ring at right for more wonderful photos and stories.

4 comments:

Helen said...

WOW! That is one serious bowl cut there! LOL

Cherryskin said...

FanTASTIC!! Post the perm one, post the perm one!!

Anonymous said...

'Cause eight is enough to fill our lives with LOVE!

Just remember that Nicholas Bradford did not have a dazzling blonde streak, nor the serious indentations of the curling iron running round his head like a garland.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks lovely and I never burned you--just your sister.

Related Posts with Thumbnails