Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunbonnet Omi

I took the plunge and cut into some of my new Superbuzzy fabric today and made this sunbonnet for Little Omi. My mother had bought one for her at a farmer's market in Montana, and I loved everything about it except for the fabric, which was just a little—ehh. So, I got out my trusty seam-ripper and carefully took the whole thing apart and made a pattern from it so I could make one with fabric more to my liking, and that would match Little Omi's wardrobe a bit better. It was really satisfying (and quick) to make so I am already looking at the rest of my fabric with the notion of making several more as gifts for all of the little girls we know.

::: a few hours later :::

Looky what I just found in my Inbox from Amy Karol (aka angry chicken):

It looks a bit fancier than mine, more of a Sunday best Little House bonnet as opposed to the running-down-the-hill-with-outstretched-arms style. I like it, though. I am on board for bonnet mania. This pattern comes with grown-up sizing, as well. Little Omi probably needs a dress-up bonnet, and I might need one, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all in for the sunbonnet scene (formal and every day) as long as you don't turn Lil' Omi into Nellie Oleson!--AS

Roth's Rudiments said...

Hi there, is there any way you can describe the measurements of your pattern?? And what you use for the brim? I love the poofiness of your bonnet. It is simply adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails