Thursday, September 6, 2007

Flashback Friday

The theme for Flashback Friday this week is Weddings/Formal/Sunday best. This photo was taken at the first wedding I ever attended (that little baby in the upper left-hand corner is me, held by my dad). My mother is looking on as my sister shows the bride and groom something (her necklace?). There are several things I love about this photo: the bride's blue dress, the groom's shoes, my mom's eyeglasses, and my sister's beautiful gingham dress. My sister says this wedding (also her first) was a huge disappointment to her. She expected the bride to turn into a princess during the ceremony (a la Disney's Cinderella) and when she didn't, my sister thought something had gone terribly wrong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo, Your head looks so cute. Lovely story about your sister. I can see why she would be disappointed. I'm sure she is still waiting for this to happen all over the world.
I've added you to my list.

Helen said...

What a classic pict! The first thing that caught my eye was the man holding the baby, thats you! He looks confident and proud. :)

Anonymous said...

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that Ma and Pa Ingalls? Cue the french horn...

whit said...

My almost 3 year old calls all brides "Princess" at weddings. She is going to be the flower girl in December and can't wait to be a princess herself. Love your sight, I think you should post your wedding invites, I want to see them.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic dress your sister is wearing....there should be more gingham in the world.....i think Disney gave us all a slightly warped but incredibly sweet view of the world of romance!!!But i wouldnt have it any other way

Related Posts with Thumbnails