Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by loulou! I must say this came as a bit of a shock since this is such a new blog. But here we are, so I will try to get it right. First, the rules as explained it me:

  • Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
  • The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
  • At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Here we go! 8 tidbits about me:
  1. I am a perfectionist, but I lack the patience to always make things perfect. This drives me absolutely crazy, especially in sewing.
  2. My childhood ambition was to become a National Park Ranger, and I achieved my goal by working at Rocky Mountain National Park in 1998 & 1999. I still have my gorgeous hat!
  3. I am an expert on the U.S. Flag code (see #2).
  4. I have been rejected by The New Yorker. I was 10 years old the summer that Classic Coca-Cola came out, and before they phased out New Coke. I drew a cartoon showing a Coke machine and each button had some permutation of classic, diet, cherry, and new. (I know, not really very funny!) I didn't know it, but my grandpa sent it in to The New Yorker. A few weeks later, I received—at camp, no less—a very sincere and handwritten rejection letter. I can only imagine what my grandfather must have included in his letter to them to solicit such a kind response!
  5. I cannot carry a tune, but I love to sing.
  6. The first motto I memorized in 5 years of Latin class is "Ipsa scientia potestas est."
  7. I learned to snap my fingers when I was 7, to swim when I was 9, and to whistle when I was 13.
  8. I was frequently mistaken for a boy when I was in elementary school, most likely due to my short haircut and the fact that I refused to wear dresses (I am sure there will be many Flashback Friday pictures to back this up). Oddly, the last time someone thought I was a boy was when I was a senior in high school and walking into a restroom at a Catholic school where I was taking the SAT. A nun came up behind me and said, "Excuse me, that's the girls' restroom!" At the time I just looked at her like she was nuts, but I remember wishing I had said, "Oh, really? Then can you tell me where the women's restroom is?"
OK! That was easier than I thought it would be. Now, for the really hard part. I don't feel right just tagging random people who have never been to visit, so I've been searching through all the comments on this blog and only found 2 people who I think haven't been tagged (at least in the recent past, anyway). So, Small Glimpses and Cherryskin, consider yourselves tagged!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you can learn to sing, just keep doing it and working on it. It's called ear training, something John Clinton assured me was learnable years ago. I'm living proof because I can now hit the notes, instead of constantly going flat or sharp! Now I just need to learn how to project, phrase, follow the correct meter each time I sing, etc. etc.

Okie Okasan said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Dad!

Small Glimpses said...

I remember well seeing your knowledge of Flag Code and it was truly a gift to your grandfather (and tears to my eyes). And of course what a treat that we got to see you in your official capacity as a National Park Ranger.

btw...Thanks for tagging me. Initially I was a bit overwhelmed, but after thinking about it throughout the day I thought, "I can do this!" Thanks for extending the opportunity and I think it will be fun and I'm excited to try.

Anonymous said...

Great tag facts...I wasnt sure if you would be into such a thing!! Very interesting park ranger!

Related Posts with Thumbnails