Saturday, October 20, 2007

Yum, yum yum yum (yum yum yum yum)*

Tonight we dined on some delicious curry butternut squash soup. The recipe is from The New Best Recipe, the virtues of which I have already extolled here. The white stuff is a yogurt-lime-cilantro topping to cut the spiciness of the curry. So good. The coolest bit of this recipe (which I would post but I'm not sure how the whole copyright deal works, so I highly recommend at least checking the library for this cookbook) is the use of the squash seeds and strings in the liquid used to steam the squash. Then the liquid is strained and used to thin the steamed squash into the soup. "Mmmm, bo!" (as Little Omi would say)

*Sung to the tune of the theme from Oz.(Link not recommended for the faint of heart; Oz was a graphically violent HBO television show set in a prison.)

2 comments:

whit said...

Looks delicious. This is my favorite time of year, to get all my soups recipes out. I will have to try this one.

Mymsie said...

Mmmm, looks nourishing and delish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails