Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let it go, Indy.


After much hemming and hawing, Googling, brainstorming, and 2 trips to the fabric store to look at patterns, I have decided to give up on sewing Little Omi's Halloween costume myself this year. I made it official on Monday by purchasing this zebra costume at Old Navy. At $14.50 I could hardly turn it down, considering the fabric alone for a costume would cost more than that. It did break my heart just a little, though. See, this year Halloween falls on a Wednesday, which means it will be on a library story time day and Little Omi would actually have someplace to wear her costume. Plus, I dreamt up the best idea I've ever had for a Halloween costume and it even has a literary theme: The Very Hungry Caterpillar! I just don't have the sewing experience to figure out exactly how it would work, though. If anyone out there has made this costume, please let me know how you did it! I won't give up entirely, however. There's always next year, when Little Omi might actually go trick-or-treating.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Just popping in to say - yes you are in the giveaway...you made it in my book..and since I write the book (everyday, everyday - insert E. costello) well, you are in.
K

Anonymous said...

OO,
I am a little disappointed that you didn't have time to hand weave faux fur (with wool you sheared from your own sheep and goats) and then meticulously hand stitch an intricate costume for your child...

There is, as you say, next year. Better get started!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails