Friday, October 12, 2007

Flashback Friday: Homemade

That's me (far left) with my sister and our cousins frosting a homemade cake at our grandparents' house. I vividly remember this encounter, my very first try at frosting a cake (although it's clear I did a fair amount of spoon-licking and I wasn't close enough to the actual cake to get much frosting time in!). My oldest cousin, the one in the bandanna, was very clear in her instructions to the rest of us to "start smooth and then make little peaks." I love so much about this picture: the red booth, my cousins' stylin' wardrobes, the Diet Dr. Pepper can that signifies my mom was somewhere nearby, the scissor-tail flycatcher figurine above my head, and especially the expressions on all of our faces.

Thank you, Pip, for a great theme this week!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at you working that spoon! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Looks like they are all having so much fun.

whit said...

I love your description of this photo. I love family pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails