Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Autumn = corduroy

I *h e a r t* corduroy. I just picked up a couple of yards of this lovely chocolate brown mini-wale on sale at our local Hancock's and immediately starting thinking smocks, bonnets, and skirts. This is the first skirt I've ever made. I used bits of this tutorial, but drastically reduced the amount of fabric for the width since I was using a heavier fabric. The trim on the bottom is from one of the Civil War-era reproduction fat quarters I received a while back. I like sewing for Little Omi because the clothes are so small, they're almost like little mock-ups of bigger sizes—so if you totally screw something up, the disaster is on a smaller scale, too.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love corduroy and live in my chocolate brown jeans all winter. That skirt is so cute and the cardigan is lovely too!

Kimberly said...

Oh yes, I'm loving the corduroy too..but you already knew that. What a cute skirt and little one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails