Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Woodland treasures

The weather has been all over the place around here lately. Yesterday, Little Omi was wearing a very summery sleeveless dress for our pecan-gathering outing in the morning, then today it was back into long pants, turtlenecks, and sweaters. I'm hoping the cold air tonight will finally be enough to finish off the mosquitoes, because both Little Omi and I were attacked by the little bastards yesterday & the day before. Poor Omi-chan's face is covered with bites and she looks like she has measles!

We discovered these little mushrooms a few days ago. They're growing near a tree stump next to our house. I wonder if they'll make a good snack for some passing hungry squirrel? Which reminds me, I saw a squirrel napping on a tree branch yesterday. I actually saw him fall asleep, when he... just... couldn't... keep... his... eyes... open....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails