Sunday, November 25, 2007

Flashback Friday: Hippie Love*

I am pretty sure my parents qualified as hippies. This photo is from my sister's christening. Not shown are all of my sister's godparents, who stayed for the pickin' and singin' party after the ceremony. I'm blanking on the name of the little band that was there; who can help me out? Mom? Dad? Sis?

Just in case you didn't get a good view of my sister's christening gown, here it is in all its glory.

By the time I came along, Mom and Dad had grown out of their hippie days somewhat, although my mom is still looking good in her prairie skirt. Dad has moved into his western shirt phase (for more proof, see here). And notice my christening is taking place in a proper church, and I'm wearing a (somewhat boring & conservative) white dress.

*OK, so I'm a bit late this week on Flashback Friday, but my sister was in town and we had a lot to accomplish. Better late than never, as they say...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mountain Music? and I think all present were designated as godparents--now that is a bit scary. Your baptism booties were the beautiful ones knitted by your great-great grandmother in her dugout in old Greer County. It didn't take place in a church but in Rev. Feaver's house on East Boyd--he had retired with Alzheimer disease but rose to the occasion proudly...I am sure you were the last of his official duties.

Cherryskin said...

Wow. That is some major hippie love in them there pix! That gown!!!! (Does your mum still have it in her "precious baby clothes" box?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails