Sunday, November 4, 2007

Where's fishy?


Today I was cleaning all the leaves out of our little whiskey-barrel pond and I couldn't find our fish anywhere. It was quite troubling; we've had this fish for 6 years and she has survived 6 winters, 1 move, and 2 dogs constantly drinking the water out of her small home. So when I couldn't see her I just assumed she had finally been lapped up by one of the dogs. I searched and searched, looking under all the lily pads and the big rock, but she was nowhere to be found. Eventually I gave up and came inside and told Big Omi, with a sniff. He looked out the window and there she was, swimming around in the pond like her usual self. Phew! Now, I wonder where she was hiding?

In other news, we made the drive to Chickasha today to enjoy their lovely park and the 80°F weather we had. Little Omi was a very big girl and went down the slide all by herself! (This was after going down about a million times while Daddy was holding onto her.) Quite a big step for everyone involved.

Oh, and we won our football game last night. All in all, a wonderful weekend. Go Sooners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! for phishy, somehow I knew he was alright, What a survivor!

Related Posts with Thumbnails