Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to me, circa 2005

What's that, you say? You say my birthday was way back in August so what's up with the celebrating? Let me explain: Back in 2005, my Dad gave me a gift certificate to L.L. Bean for my birthday (incidentally, I also found out I was pregnant with Little Omi on my birthday that year). I have sat on that gift certificate ever since, keeping it in a safe place and visiting it from time to time. I've spent it dozens of times in my mind, going as far as putting items in my basket on the L.L Bean Web site only to chicken out and dump everything at the checkout. I really suffer from analysis paralysis when it comes to gift certificates. I love having the possibility of the new item so much and deciding which item takes away that potential. Well, a few days ago I finally broke through my AP and ordered these wonderful Keen clogs. They arrived today and I already know they will be my primary shoe for the fall and winter (until spring when I can switch back to my Keen sandals). I love them. Thanks, Dad!

Now maybe I'll tackle that Title Nine gift certificate I received from my Mom last Christmas...

1 comment:

Small Glimpses said...

Those look super comfortable. Love those Keen's!! Your mom and dad have good taste. I haven't bought anything from Title Nine (yet!), but I love their catalog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails