Friday, December 21, 2007

Flashback Friday: Ghost of Christmas Past

Some comments have been made by people who shall remain nameless about how the Flashback Friday photos often show me as cute and my sister as a bit on the dorky side. Well, I can't help that my cutest years were pre-1985, which is one of the rules of FF. Believe me, many photos exist that captured my awkward years, which began right around 1985. But I think I've found a good compromise in this photo, since it shows off my amazing fashion sense: striped socks, rolled-up jeans, and a sweatshirt with satin appliqué hearts. It's not surprising to see this outfit. I'm pretty sure I wore it all the time.

And, yes, that's my sister placing the angel atop the tree! And we wondered why I got so excited by all the Scandinavian ornaments at Ikea the other day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm only slightly distracted by my Jo Polnicheck from Facts of Life hair style...but not enough to notice only a hint of jealousy on your face as I "gingerly" place the dayglow orange angel on top of the tree--as I remember a bone of contention each Christmas. Am I wearing my unicorn pegasas tshirt?

Anonymous said...

The angel was NOT "dayglow" orange. It was (and is) a very nice crisp shade of my favorite color. Aunt Sassy was always the designated topper as I recall--birth order has its privilege.

Related Posts with Thumbnails