Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Always call the police/sweet little bunnies

We were rear-ended last week. At a stop light. With my mother-in-law in the car. And my friend's 2-year-old. And Little Omi. Luckily, no one was hurt. We just got this nice little smack on the rear bumper. The woman said she was on her way to pick up her husband at the hospital. I jotted down her insurance info and we went on our merry way. Now it looks like that insurance info was bogus, and any repairs to my car are subject to my insurance deductible, $500. We went to the claims office today. Guess what the estimate was? $524.48. I now have a check for $24.48 and a nice dent in my car to remind me to ALWAYS get a police report.

While I wasn't posting, I was still managing to squeeze in a few sewing/craft/homemaking projects. Like this cute little bunny hair band from the Aranzi Aronzo book Cute Stuff:


And these Miffy wheat thins, inspired by angry chicken's post (recipe here):

Little Omi likes to eat the ears off the Miffy ones and say, "Where did Miffy's ears go? In my tummy!"

Baking with Omi has been a real hoot. She is quite talented at adding ingredients and mixing stuff up. She really, really wanted to be in charge of rolling out the cracker dough, and even though I had her help I think she knew she wasn't doing it all by herself. But when we finished she told Big Omi, "I love cooking with Mommy!" And that's about all I'll need for about another month or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! She's back; the crackers were "licious;" the sidewalk is complete! All is right with the world. Did I say She's back?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails