Thursday, February 19, 2009

Diaper bag




My friend liked her new diapers-and-wipes case, bib, and burp cloth so much that she asked me to make her a new diaper bag using the same Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric and denim. I was a bit overwhelmed by the project, and made some very interesting mistakes, but I learned a lot and I think it came out looking pretty sharp. This was the first project I've ever made with a zipper, which was very intimidating but not that difficult in the end. The strawberry zipper pull was a last-minute addition, and I think it makes the whole bag! I used Butterick B5005. This pattern did nothing to dispel my dislike of patterns and their jangly directions (in fact it even had some pretty bad typos!), but I was pleased with the overall result: a large diaper bag with lots of pockets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous--I wish you would make one with orla kiely fabric--too bad you can't buy it.

Small Glimpses said...

I love your new photo in your header. It is beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails