Thursday, February 14, 2008

U R SWEET

This day has been a bit of a trial. Little Omi has the flu. She started on Tamiflu yesterday and also said "all done" for the first time—when we tried to give her the dose of yucky, bitter liquid. This morning, we tried to sign up for a swim class at the YMCA. Most of our playgroup is signed up already, so we really wanted to get in this particular class. It's full, of course. Wah. Then while I was online finding this out, Little Omi was climbing up on the sofa where I had stupidly left a full glass of Coca-Cola balanced precariously on the back of the sofa and against the wall. This got knocked over, of course. Nap time was a disaster.

But, things are looking up. When I went out to check the mail, this was waiting for me on the front porch:
A sweet basket full of heart-shaped cranberry muffins, and two sweet tea towels. Did I mention Little Omi loves crocodiles? Or that I love muffins? And tea towels? What a sweet mama I have. This is definitely one of the benefits to living right down the block from your mother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Isn't that the crocodile from the "Me first, me first" story in All About You and Me? Get well soon L'il Omi!

Okie Okasan said...

Aww, Dad, if you mean the tiger from "Ladies First" in Free to Be You and Me, then, well, I guess it is, isn't it?

I'm off to go watch "Fireball 500" starring Holly Hunter.
;)

Love ya, Dad!

Nathaniel Hobbs said...

Hand over a whole mango, please!

Okie Okasan said...

And they did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails